Skip to main
« View all resources

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I advertise on your website?  You need to first Sign Up for an account, pay for your ad online and then create your ad.  The cost is $25 per ad for 30 days.

Does my financial aid cover my rent?  It may.  Any financial aid that you receive must go through the Bursar's office first.  You will get whatever is left over.  If the left over money doesn't cover your rent, you must come up with the difference.

Where can I find short-term housing?  Short-term housing is limited, but can be found under Lease in your search.  We encourage you to contact a property directly for specific questions.

How do I know if an area is safe?  Visit the Tucson Police Department's crime statistics page at  You are able to search by address or by area.  

Can you recommend the best apartment for me to live-in?  Off-Campus Housing is not a referral service, but a resource for our students.  We suggest you contact and visit multiple places to find the one that best fits your needs.

How do I sublease my housing?  You can list a room, apartment or house on our website.  If you are a UA student, you can also post through the roommate section for free.  On the listing, be sure to include that those interested have to assume responsibility for the lease.  Some apartments may charge a sublease fee.  Make sure you ask.

What is a guarantor/co-signer?  That's someone who will sign your lease with you and who guarantees that they will pay your rent if you can't.  A guarantor is required for anyone under 18 years of age and/or anyone without a credit history.

Do I need renters insurance?  It's a good idea because this will cover your personal belongings, and some apartments require you to have it before you move in.  You may be covered under your parents' homeowners policy if they claim you as a dependent.

Feel free to contact us with any questions that may not be addressed here.